I am a HUGE fan of homemade smoothies and this Tropical Smoothie is my absolute favorite!
Sipping one of these Tropical Smoothies takes me back to my more carefree days about ten years ago. I was in my mid twenties on vacation in the Caribbean and those ‘smoothies’ were more alcohol than fruit!
Nowadays I make these healthy smoothies for my daughter and I to enjoy as a nutritious treat. These are definitely kid approved, she slurps an entire smoothie without stopping to take a breath!
Several months ago the folks from Chobani sent me a box of their many wonderful Greek yogurt flavors. I was super excited to have such a variety to play around with in the kitchen, especially since I am such a fan of Chobani products.
I first created a recipe for Bold Radish Ranch Dressing using the plain Chobani Greek yogurt. Next was this Tropical Smoothie that can be made with many different Greek yogurt flavors such as: Plain, Vanilla, Pineapple or Mango. And just to be clear I was not compensated for this post, I am just really fond of Chobani Greek yogurt! I hope you and your kiddos enjoy this simple and delicious smoothie as much as my daughter and I do!
- 1 cup Frozen Pineapple
- 1 cup Frozen Mango Chunks*
- 1 cup Coconut Milk (plain or vanilla)
- 1-2 Ripe Bananas (sliced)
- 1-2 Tb Honey (optional)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Paste (optional)
- 1 cup Chobani Greek Yogurt**
- Place all ingredients into blender and blend until completely smooth.
- If using an immersion blender allow the frozen fruit to thaw slightly before blending.
- *I use Trader Joe's brand frozen pineapple and mango.
- **Use plain, pineapple, vanilla or mango flavored Greek yogurt.
- This recipe yields approximately 4 servings.
Still in the mood for SMOOTHIES? Check out these RECIPES:
“All we need, really, is a change from a near frigid to a tropical attitude of mind.” – Marjory Stoneman Douglas
I love a good party! I’ve been known to share my delicious creations at THESE awesome parties!