This Oven Roasted Chicken Recipe with Lemon and Rosemary is easy and versatile. Serve as a dinner main course or debone and use in any of your favorite chicken recipes. Makes great leftovers!
A whole roasted chicken is definitely one of my go-to comfort meals. Eating it for a dinner is great. But really I enjoy picking at the chicken cold from the fridge. Or even better, using the leftovers for a sandwich, tacos or to make chicken soup.
This Oven Roasted Chicken Recipe is also perfect to bring to a friend in need of comfort food. For a grieving family, recovering friend, new parents or just someone going through a rough time.
It’s hard to know what to do or say when someone is hurting or going through difficult times. I’m not good at emotional stuff so I tend to act instead. Bringing loved ones a comforting meal is a great way to show your love and support.
I’m joining a group of bloggers to show support for our fellow food blogger, Ashley at Centercut Cook.
Ashley’s husband, Ryan was diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer at 29 years old. This was right after Ashley learned that she was pregnant with their first child. Devastating.
Then after Miles was born the unimaginable happened. He had a seizure and and after numerous tests Miles was diagnosed with a rare disease called Primary Hyperoxaluria (type 1) and will need a life-saving liver and kidney transplant. How can a young family deal with so much?
They are so strong and positive. It is amazing.
There is a way we can help and show our support. Through a fundraising effort to help cover the insurmountable medical costs incurred by cancer treatments and organ transplants.
Thank you for any donations. Every little bit helps ♥♥♥
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 5 Lb Whole Chicken
- 5 Lemons
- Fresh Rosemary
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Chicken Seasoning*, salt free
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Slice 2 lemons and layer evenly on bottom of large roasting pan or baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and top with fresh rosemary.**
- Remove giblets from inside chicken. Rinse and pat chicken dry with paper towel. Place chicken on top of sliced lemons, breast side up.
- Mix olive oil, juice of 1 lemon, salt, pepper and chicken seasoning. Pour mixture over chicken and rub in to ensure entire chicken is coated. Sprinkle with more salt and pepper.
- Cut remaining 2 lemons into wedges and stuff inside chicken along with more rosemary.
- Roast for 1-1½ hours. Until legs wiggle loosely, juices run clear and/or a thermometer reaches 165° in the thickest part of the thigh.
- *cover chicken with foil towards the end if it begins to get too dark (optional)*
- Slice and serve chicken. Drizzle a bit of the pan drippings over chicken.
*I use Two Snooty Chefs Herbs de Poulet Oo-La-La seasoning
**A little rosemary goes a long way. Use it sparingly.
Check More Comfort Food From Awesome Food Bloggers:
That Skinny Chick Can Bake made Mexican Chicken Manicotti
Food faith & Fitness made a Paleo Casserole with Turkey, Peppers, Zucchini, and Tomato
Spend with Pennies made Chicken Noodle Casserole (from Scratch)
Wishes & Dishes made this Creamy Chicken Tetrazzini
Frugal Foodie Mama made Pizza Pierogi Casserole
Snappy Gourmet made Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Casserole
Miss in the Kitchen made a Chicken and Mushroom Tortellini Bake
Life, Love, and Good Food made this Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
Bless This Mess made Quick and Easy Summer Chicken Salad
Mandy’s Recipe Box collected 30 Freezer Meals
Hugs and Cookies made Baked Parmesan Meatball Casserole
Barbara Bakes made this Veal & Wild Mushroom Stew
A Cedar Spoon made Sausage, Roasted Red Pepper, & Gouda Macaroni & Cheese
It’s Yummi made an Easy Cheese & Sausage Pizza Bake
A Family Feast made these Easy Freezer Meatballs
Stuck on Sweet made Homemade Goulash
Two Healthy Kitchens made a 5-Ingredient Easy Pasta Bake
It Bakes Me Happy made a Peach Skillet Galette