Easy Lemon Ice Cream Recipe
This ice cream gives you a ton of flavor and texture with very little effort. The base is made with milk, cream, sugar and a secret ingredient . . . Lemon Pie Filling! Add the poppy seeds for a fabulous crunch. That’s it! You have an unbelievably rich and creamy lemon ice cream filled with bursting poppy seeds.
This ice cream is perfect for me because I love the lemon and poppy seed combination. But I’m a weirdo that doesn’t really like muffins. So now I can enjoy the flavor without having to eat a lemon poppy seed muffin.
Lemon Poppy Seed Ice Cream is just the beginning. I haven’t tried it yet, but I think that any pie filling could be used to make ice cream so there are a ton of flavors to choose from.
That is why I love participating in contests and challenges. I’m not really competitive, but it gets me thinking outside of the box and using new ingredients in different ways.
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 3 Tb Ultrafine Sugar
- 1 Can Lemon Crème or Lemon Pie Filling, 21 oz
- 1/2 Tb Poppy Seeds
- Using a hand mixer or immersion blender; mix the cream, milk, sugar and pie filling until fully incorporated. It will be the consistency of pudding.
- Transfer mixture to a freezer safe container. (I use a loaf pan)
- Add the poppy seeds and gently stir to spread seeds throughout the ice cream mixture.
- Cover and freeze for 4-6 hours. (or overnight)
- Remove ice cream from freezer 20-30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 153Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 38mgSodium 28mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 0gSugar 8gProtein 2g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.