Healthy Alternative To Soda
It seems like I am always trying to kick my soda habit. Well, I have to admit that I haven’t yet been able to stop drinking soda completely. But, with drinks like this Blackberry Honey Spritzer and my Strawberry Lemonade Fizz I have been able to limit my soda intake.
And you are getting real fruit with this drink! I don’t allow my daughter to drink soda, so when I give her a glass of this it is a real treat!
It is sweet, bubbly and refreshing. The only thing missing . . . Caffeine! I guess you can’t have it all.
More Thirst Quenchers:
- 2 Cups Fresh Blackberries *, 1 cup pureed
- 6 Tb Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice, 2-3 small lemons
- 2-4 Tb Honey
- 2 Cups Filtered Water
- 1 – 12 oz can of Seltzer Water
- Puree 2 cups of fresh blackberries in blender or food processor.
- Push blackberry puree through a mesh strainer to remove seeds. (see photo above)**
- Combine the blackberry puree, lemon juice, filtered water and honey.
- Fill drinking glasses with ice.
- Pour blackberry mixture over ice until glasses are 3/4 full.
- Top off glasses with seltzer water and Enjoy!
*Frozen blackberry can be used, thaw berries before preparing spritzers.
Feel free to tweak these measurements to your taste preferences.
**Removing the blackberry seeds is not absolutely necessary, but highly recommended.
This recipe yields 3-4 servings.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 334Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 18mgCarbohydrates 91gFiber 8gSugar 77gProtein 3g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.