Sometimes it is nice to take a break from chocolate and go for a tart-sweet lemon dessert. These Easy Lemon Cupcakes are topped with Creamy Lemon Buttercream Frosting. The mild lemon flavor comes from Lemon Crème pie filling and fresh lemon zest. Lemon, Creamy and Oh So Dreamy!
Really, I would have a hard time choosing between chocolate and lemon desserts. I love them both!
Luckily I don’t have to choose.
These easy lemon cupcakes came about when I found a can of Duncan Hines Lemon Crème Pie Filling hiding out in my pantry. I decided to use it to make cupcakes instead of pie.
If you are craving dessert with a hint of lemon, make a batch of these cupcakes!
They are moist and creamy with a touch of lemon flavor.
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 1½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter - softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Crème Pie Filling
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 Cup Butter - softened
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Crème Pie Filling
- Zest of 2 Lemons
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, milk, pie filling and vanilla. Mix.
- Gradually mix in dry ingredients.
- Stir in zest.
- Divide batter between 12-14 cupcake tins lined with papers.
- Bake 20-22 minutes.
- Transfer cupcakes to cooling rack. Allow to fully cool before frosting.
- Mix butter, sugar and pie filling until light and creamy. (about 5 minutes)
- Stir in lemon zest.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before frosting cupcakes.
Eat More Cake . . .3