Make a fun Easter Breakfast for the kiddos before their Easter egg hunt begins. These Baked Easter Donuts are the perfect treat to start the festivities.
Cute Donuts For Kids
I have been getting a lot of use out of my donut pan lately. So when I started to brainstorm Easter recipe ideas, a decorated baked donut seemed perfect.
A lightly sweetened baked chocolate donut. Topped with extra sweet shredded coconut “grass”. And most importantly, the candy eggs hidden in the grass.
This recipe does produce a mild chocolate flavored donut. I wanted the donut to be more of a vessel for the sugary toppings. If you prefer a sweet and chocolaty donut base, use this Baked Nutella Donut Recipe instead.
I love the excitement on Easter morning. The kids wake up early to see what little goodies have been left for them in a bright cheerful basket.
Then the chaos begins outside. The kids running around in circles, squealing each time they discover a colored egg hiding in the bushes.
And these Easter Donuts will be the perfect addition to the silliness and fun.
Just looking at them makes me smile. The kiddos will be smiling too!
- 3/4 Cup AP Flour
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 5 Tb Milk
- 1½ Tb Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp Hot Water
- 1 Cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- approx 15 Drops Green Food Color
- Egg Shaped Easter Candy, Robin's Eggs
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Mix the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer - combine the sugar, egg, Greek yogurt, milk, and butter.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Generously spray donut pan with non stick.
- Split the batter evenly between the six donut molds.
- Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer donuts to cooling rack.
- Mix the coconut and food coloring together with a fork. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the powdered sugar and hot water.
- Dip the donuts into the glaze then immediately top with shredded coconut.
- Add the egg shaped candy.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 281Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 102mgSodium 288mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 2gSugar 24gProtein 7g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
Happy Easter To You And Your Family!
DONUTS . . . Dessert For Breakfast!
WonkyWonderful is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com0