I’m so happy to be back on the blog after my three month hiatus! I decided to start off with a fizzy, refreshing and flavorful beverage that is perfect for spring and summer. This Strawberry Lemonade Fizz is the perfect combination of sweet berries, sour lemon and bubbles … because everything is better with bubbles!
Before I get to the recipe I want to welcome you to the new and improved WonkyWonderful! Back in February I took a break from blogging due to an illness (nothing too serious). Once I was feeling better I decided to just take a little extra time and have my blog transferred from Weebly to WordPress. This meant creating a completely new site and making a lot of changes. I hope you take a look around and decide that these changes are an improvement.
First I must thank Samantha of Samantha Brook Creations for transferring my blog as well as answering my many questions. And I ask a lot of questions!
You will notice that the recipes are now printable and that the overall look is easier to follow. Also, if you would like to take a peek at a specific type of recipe all you need to do is hover over the recipe tab above and a drop-down menu will appear.
Anyhoo, feel free to take a look around and tell me what you think of the new site. This is a work in progress so stay on the lookout for new features and please excuse me while I am learning how to utilize all of those new features.
Now let’s get back to the Strawberry Lemonade Fizz. I have been mixing these sparkling beverages a lot lately because I am trying to overcome my diet soda addiction. So far, so good. The bubbly carbonation of this strawberry lemonade helps to keep me from reaching for a Diet Coke. I’ve been drinking much less diet soda since replacing it with this healthy and energizing alternative.
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Pureed Strawberries (15-20 strawberries)
- 5-6 Tb Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice (1 large lemon or 2 small lemons)
- 2-4 Tb Maple Syrup (depending on the sweetness of the berries)
- 12 Ounces Seltzer Water
- Puree the strawberries, lemon juice and maple syrup until completely liquefied.
- Fill glasses with ice.
- Pour strawberry-lemon mixture over ice, filling glasses halfway or more.
- Top off the glasses with seltzer water and give it a quick stir.
- The maple syrup can be replaced with your preferred sweetener. (sugar, honey, stevia, etc.)
- Seltzer Water can be found in the soda section or the alcohol mixer aisle in the grocery store.
- I would imagine that a shot of vodka would be a great addition if you want to make this an Adult Strawberry Lemonade Fizz!
“A smile starts on the lips, A grin spreads to the eyes, A chuckle comes from the belly; But a good laugh bursts forth from the soul, Overflows, and bubbles all around.” Carolyn Birmingham
I love a good party! I’ve been known to share my delicious creations at THESE awesome parties!