This homemade dressing is a wonderful way to liven up boring lettuce. I love radishes but after a few slices they can be a bit too intense for me. That is the reason this recipe came about. I decided to combine the creaminess of ranch dressing with the bold flavor of radishes.
A few months ago I was contacted by a representative from Chobani. Yes, the folks that make one of my most favorite ingredients! They wanted to know if they could send me an assortment of their Greek Yogurt products. Well of course I said Heck Yeah! Okay, in my head I said Heck Yeah! … then I sent a calm and professional email response that read: Why yes, that sounds wonderful. I am so pleased you contacted me and look forward to connecting again in the future … Heck Yeah!
Anyone who regularly follows my blog knows that I use Greek Yogurt in about half of my recipes. I love, Love, LOVE the stuff! So basically due to my Greek Yogurt obsession and the crate full of Chobani that I was lucky enough to receive, expect a lot of upcoming recipes that include Greek Yogurt. Starting with this peppery Radish Ranch Dressing that will brighten up any salad!
- 2 Red Radishes
- 2 Dill Sprigs
- 6 Parsley Leaves, flat leaf
- Juice of 1/2 Small Lemon, 1 Tb
- Sprinkle of Garlic Powder
- Sprinkle of Pepper
- Pinch of Salt
- 1-2 Tb Milk
- 2 Tb Mayonnaise
- 6 ounces Plain Greek Yogurt, I used Chobani Plain Non-fat
- Puree the radishes in blender or processor.
- Add the dill, parsley, lemon, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Blend.
- Next add the mayonnaise, milk and yogurt.
- Blend just until the ingredients are incorporated and no more. (the dressing will turn pink if blended too long)
- Transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
I always start with 1 Tb milk and add more if needed after the dressing has refrigerated for 2 hours.
The mayonnaise can be omitted for a healthier dressing.
Yields 1 & 1/4 cups dressing.
“What do I know of man’s destiny? I could tell you more about radishes.” Samuel Beckett
I love a good party! I’ve been known to share my delicious creations at THESE awesome parties!