This Vegan Caramel Recipe makes a luscious caramel sauce that is perfect for drizzling! Dairy Free Caramel IS possible . . . and delicious! Made with just 3 Ingredients and no thermometer is needed!
Dairy Free Caramel Sauce
This caramel sauce is simple to make and dairy free. You get that lovely golden brown caramel sauce using coconut milk.
And, you get a workout with this Vegan Caramel Recipe. Unlike traditional caramel that is left untouched while it boils. Dairy Free Caramel must be vigorously stirred the entire time. That last ten minutes is BRUTAL!
But you can do it! And it is worth all of that work. Just look at that glorious caramel. Drizzle it over apples, ice cream, oatmeal, coffee, pudding or pie!
This is the caramel sauce after cooling in the refrigerator for 3 hours. Cool overnight for an even thicker caramel sauce. And yes, if there is drizzling involved, I MUST make an animated gif. It’s The Law!
- 2 Cups Unsweetened Silk CoconutMilk
- 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar - packed
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- In a 3 quart saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar and coconut oil. Heat and stir for 1-2 minutes until it turns a deep brown color. Be very careful not to burn.
- Add the coconut milk and whisk vigorously for 25 minutes. Do Not Stop! If the mixture is not stirred continuously it will separate and look nasty.
- Remove from heat and continue to stir for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a clean glass jar and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use within 1 week.
Optional: Add 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract to milk for extra flavor.
If decreasing the recipe by half, reduce cooking time to 15 minutes.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 98Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 4mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 0gSugar 15gProtein 0g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.