This Strawberry Curd Recipe is a great way to use up fresh summer strawberries. Use as a spread or dessert topping. This homemade curd is bursting with strawberry flavor!
Whoa! I totally almost forgot to post this recipe. And that would’ve been a shame because this Strawberry Curd is super easy to make and packs a ton of strawberry flavor!
Back at the very beginning of strawberry season I became obsessed with making this curd. Here in California I am surrounded by strawberry fields. I tend to go a bit overboard buying a flat of strawberries every week. This curd is a great way to use up those extra strawberries before they go bad.
Enjoy this curd as a spread, topping for yogurt or even on pancakes! Slather it on just about anything.
Don’t worry, strawberry season isn’t over. You still have time to make this.
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Fresh Strawberry Puree
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 6 Large Egg Yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Using hand mixer; mix butter, sugar and cornstarch.
- Add egg yolks, strawberry puree, lemon juice and salt. Mix.
- Transfer mixture to small saucepan over medium/low heat.
- Heat for 22-23 minutes while whisking constantly.
- Transfer curd to an airtight container and store in refrigerator. (mixture will thicken slightly when cooled)
- Use within 1 week.
Recipe yields approximately 2 cups.
More Spreadable Deliciousness. . .0