Just in time for the holiday season, I’m sharing this Roasted Potato Side Dish Recipe. A gorgeous presentation of sliced red potatoes, roasted garlic, thyme, bacon, fresh cracked salt and pepper. This will be the star of your holiday feasts!
This is one of those dishes that looks fancy but is really quite simple to make. No need to peel eleventy-million potatoes. I can’t be the only child that was forced to peel an entire sack of potatoes every Thanksgiving and Christmas. Sheesh, enough with the KP duty! Nobody needs that many mashed potatoes.
This potato side dish recipe does require a mandoline, unless you have some impressive knife skills. Everything else is simple and classic. Uncomplicated flavors and superior seasoning.
To get this dish perfectly seasoned, I used my Cole & Mason Derwent Salt and Pepper Mill set. These mills are a total game changer! One of those things that you don’t know you need until you have it.
This Cole & Mason Derwent Set is a great gift idea for the person that has everything. Or, check out the other high quality Cole & Mason products for the perfect hostess gift.
The Cole & Mason Derwent Salt Mill features a ceramic mechanism that ensures precise grinding. It has three grind adjustments. The smallest setting produces a salt powder. Powder!
The best part is that you choose what type of salt to use. I love my Pink Himalayan Salt! Good quality salt really does make a huge difference in flavor.
The Cole & Mason Derwent Pepper Mill features a hardened carbon steel professional mechanism with six grind adjustments.
Both mills come with a lifetime mechanism guarantee.
Surprise someone you love this holiday season with an elegant Salt and Pepper Mill Set. It is a gift that will be used for years to come.
Or hey, get it for yourself. You deserve the best too, right?
Then be sure to make this Roasted Potato Side Dish Recipe. Your holiday meal just got a little fancier!
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 5 lbs Red Potatoes
- 5-6 Strips Soft Cooked Bacon - cut into pieces
- 5 Tablespoons Olive Oil*
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 10 Cloves Roasted Garlic - smashed into a paste
- 1-2 Tablespoons Olive Oil, additional
- 3 Sprigs Thyme
- Fresh Cracked Himalayan Salt and Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Mix 5 Tb olive oil, lemon juice and roasted garlic paste in a large bowl. Thoroughly clean potatoes. Thinly slice potatoes with mandoline. (approximately 1/8 inch) Toss potatoes in olive oil mixture until evenly coated. Arrange potato slices (accordion style) in a 10 inch pie plate. Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven. Brush 1-2 Tb olive oil over the tops of potato slices. Tuck bacon pieces and thyme between potato slices. Generously salt and pepper with the Cole & Mason Mills. Return to oven and bake 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through. Potatoes should be soft in the middle and crisp on the outer edges.
- Serve with additional salt and pepper to taste.
*I used some of the oil left over from roasted garlic.
Check out these delicious potatoes: Creamy Mashed Potatoes with Thyme Infused Brown Butter