If you need a quick and easy breakfast option around the holidays, this Orange Glazed Cranberry Bread Recipe is the solution! This moist quick bread is bursting with tart cranberry flavor and the orange glaze adds the perfect blend of sweet citrus.
Quick Bread Recipe with Cranberries
I absolutely love making quick breads. The flavors and ingredients can easily be changed to fit my needs. I use this basic quick bread recipe and switch out the type of dried fruit depending on my mood. Nuts can be added and the glaze can be made in a variety of different flavors.
Wrap up some loaves of this Orange Glazed Cranberry Bread for holiday gifts. Or enjoy it as a breakfast treat with the family.
Another awesome way to use Cooking Spray is to spray the measuring cup before filling it with honey. Then the honey slides right out of the measuring cup without a hassle. I use that trick a lot!
Back to this perfect loaf of Cranberry Bread. It is ready to be GLAZED!
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tb Butter
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Cups AP Flour
- PAM Cooking Spray
- 2/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1½ Tb Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- Orange Zest - to taste, optional
- Cranberry Bread
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Generously spray a large loaf pan (9x5x3) with Baking Spray.
- Finely chop dried cranberries in a food processor.
- Combine chopped cranberries, baking soda, butter and boiling water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl - beat egg, salt and honey for about 10 seconds. (Spray measuring cup with cooking spray before measuring the honey to prevent a sticky situation)
- In a separate bowl - sift the flour and baking powder.
- While mixing - add the cranberry liquid to the egg and honey mixture. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and stir until no dry clumps remain. Do not over mix.
- Transfer batter to the greased loaf pan. Run the tip of your spatula lengthwise down the middle of the batter to create the crack at the top of the bread.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 5-10 minutes.
- Using a potholder or towel - gently flip the loaf pan upside down and catch the cranberry bread with the other hand.
- Cool on a wire rack for at least 15-20 minutes.
- While the bread is cooling prepare the glaze.
- Stir the powdered sugar, orange juice and zest together with a fork.
- Drizzle glaze over the top of the cranberry bread.
- Allow glaze to set for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice and serve OR package and give as gifts!
Here is an interesting add in: Crush dried thyme into a powder and add about 1/4 tsp to the glaze. It adds a slightly savory element. Taste test on a small portion before adding thyme to the entire batch of glaze.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 300Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 27mgSodium 270mgCarbohydrates 68gFiber 2gSugar 41gProtein 4g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
I adapted this recipe from the Maple Date Nut Bread recipe in Eet Smakelijk.
This Cranberry Bread Recipe is one of my holiday favorites. Add the Orange Glaze for breakfast perfection! I hope you and your loved ones enjoy this tasty quick bread as much as my family.2