This Dairy Free Gingerbread Cookie Recipe creates a crispy, mild flavored cookie that is perfect for dunking in milk.
Crispy Cookie Recipe
This gingerbread cookie recipe is great for anyone that loves dunking crisp cookies into a glass of cold milk.
It is no secret that I Love My Silk! I enjoy Silk Coconutmilk and Almondmilk on a regular basis.
My little brother on the other hand had never tasted Silk Almondmilk. What!?! I decided that needed to change.
I knew it would be a hard sell because he is a dairy milk fan through and through. He could drink a gallon of whole milk every day if given the opportunity!
I also knew the lure of Crispy Gingerbread Cookies and an ice cold glass of Silk Vanilla Almondmilk would bring him around.
Have you tried Silk Vanilla Almondmilk yet? What are you waiting for?
Dunk Your Cookies In Silk Instead Of Milk!
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Canola Oil
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Shortening
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1¾ Cups AP Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Gingerbread Spice
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Brown Puffed Rice Cereal, or Rice Krispies
- 1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- Turbinado & White Sugar For Topping
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt, gingerbread spice and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Cream together white sugar, brown sugar, canola oil and shortening.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Gradually combine dry ingredients into the wet.
- Stir in cereal and oats.
- Roll cookie dough into 2 Tablespoon balls. Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten cookie balls with a fork and sprinkle with a mixture of turbinado and white sugar.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on rack.
Yields 20 large cookies.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 396Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 25mgSodium 211mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 1gSugar 20gProtein 4g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.