Lunch does NOT have to be boring! This Chicken Salad with Grapes and Chives takes the standard chicken salad sandwich to the next level. Bursting with flavor, this chicken salad is great on salads, wraps or sandwiches. This is a Whole30 and Paleo compliant recipe and great for a meal prep idea.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Chicken Salad with Grapes – Whole30 Paleo Compliant
It should be no secret by now that I have a thing for chicken salad recipes. I love taking chicken salad and giving it a unique twist, some unexpected flavor and basically giving it an update.
This Chicken Salad with Grapes and Chives has a great blend of flavors. The savory chives and sage compliment the sweetness of the grapes. The colors really bring a bland chicken salad to life!
Don’t worry about the skeptics. This recipe will win them over. My daughter doesn’t give me side eye for fruity chicken salad ever since she tasted my delicious Mandarin Chicken Salad Recipe ????
How should you cook the chicken?
Check out this tutorial for OVEN BAKED CHICKEN BREAST, my preferred method.
You can cook the chicken however you prefer: grilled, pan fried or even use a rotisserie chicken.
What type of grapes should you use?
I use red seedless grapes because I prefer their color an flavor. But green grapes will work just as well. Your call!
Can you leave off the sage or chives?
Yes! That’s what is great about homemade . . . make it your own. Leave off or add any ingredients to your hearts desire.
How should you serve this chicken salad with grapes?
If limiting carbs (like me) serve this chicken salad over a bed of lettuce or arugula. Or make into chicken salad lettuce wraps.
If carbs aren’t an issue, this chicken salad is great in tortilla wraps, sandwiches or over rice.
How about meal prep?
I like to make double the amount of chicken then section it in half. I make two batches of chicken salad with totally different flavors and ingredients. Then you easily have your lunches for the week!
What tools do you need for this recipe?
Tips → Tricks → Suggestions →
- For a little crunch, add chopped peans, walnuts or almonds. You can add finely chopped red onion as well.
- Looking for a shortcut? Use a store bought rotisserie chicken.
- Don’t like sage? Leave it out and use your favorite chicken spice instead. Or add a spoonful of stone ground mustard for some Zip!
More chicken salad recipes for your lunchbox →
Mandarin Chicken Salad (Whole30,Paleo)
Fruity Curry Chicken Salad by Recipe Girl
Mexican Street Corn Chicken Salad by Inside BruCrew Life
Berry Avocado Grilled Chicken Salad by Real Housemoms
Bacon Ranch Chicken Salad (Whole30, Paleo)
Bacon Avocado Chicken Salad (No-Mayo)
- 1 Lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- 3 Celery Stalks, (chopped)
- 1½ Cups Halved Red Seedless Grapes
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Chives
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Dried Sage, (optional)
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise*
- Salt/Pepper, (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Coat chicken breasts with olive oil, salt and pepper then transfer to a roasting dish.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes or until 165ºF internal temperature. (time will vary depending on thickness of chicken)
- Let cool then chop or shred chicken.
- Combine chopped chicken with all remaining ingredients.
- Serve over lettuce, in a wrap or on a sandwich.
*Use homemade or compliant mayo for Whole30/Paleo
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 282Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 72mgSodium 191mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 1gSugar 6gProtein 24g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
This post contains affiliate amazon links. Basically, I get a little kick back for sending you over to amazon . . . at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!