Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownies filled with Macadamia Nuts and topped with a Brown Butter Glaze. Take a bite of pure brownie bliss!
Chocolate Brownie Recipe
I’m just gonna say it. I’ve never met a brownie that I did not like! I mean, who doesn’t like brownies? Is that even possible?
With that being said, there are levels of deliciousness when it comes to brownies. These AlohaMac Brownies with Brown Butter Glaze are on a whole new level of YUM.
Sometimes dark chocolate can be slightly bitter. But these are not. The dark chocolate is super smooth and they add a deep chocolaty flavor to the AlohaMac Brownies.
It is a fairly quick and simple recipe too.
Eat them plain and they will definitely not disappoint. Or add the Brown Butter Glaze to make Blow-Your-Mind-Brownies! The choice is yours and there is no right or wrong decision. You are a winner either way!
- 12 Pieces of Dark Chocolate AlohaMacs, 6 oz
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Butter, cubed
- 2 Tb Water
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cups Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Brown Butter Glaze
- 2 Tb Butter
- 2 + Tb Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Milk or Water
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Roughly chop the Dark Chocolate AlohaMacs.
- In a saucepan over low heat; melt the AlohaMacs, sugar and butter. Add the water and stir.
- Transfer to a large bowl and let cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and stir quickly until incorporated.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and salt, mix. (do not over stir)
- Pour batter into a greased 8x8 inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 325° for approximately 30 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed clean. (I baked mine for 35 minutes)
- Allow to cool in pan then cut into squares. *Spread Brown Butter Glaze on top before cutting into squares.*
- In a small saucepan over medium heat; cook butter while whisking until it is bubbling and golden brown in color. (about 5 minutes)
- Let browned butter cool for 5 minutes.
- Add a little more than 2 Tb powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp water or milk.
- Stir vigorously with a fork until glaze is smooth.
- Spread in an even layer or drizzle on top of the brownies.
- *These measurements yield a small amount of glaze. For a heavy glazed brownie, double recipe.*
Adapted from Hawaiian Host
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 300Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 61mgSodium 145mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 1gSugar 30gProtein 3g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.