Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownies filled with Macadamia Nuts and topped with a Brown Butter Glaze. Take a bite of pure brownie bliss!
I’m just gonna say it. I’ve never met a brownie that I did not like! I mean, who doesn’t like brownies? Is that even possible?
With that being said, there are levels of deliciousness when it comes to brownies. These AlohaMac Brownies with Brown Butter Glaze are on a whole new level of YUM.
When given the opportunity to make a batch of brownies with Hawaiian Host Chocolates, I thought to myself . . . I have got a pretty sweet gig going on here!
Make fudgy brownies filled with dark chocolate and macadamia nuts, photograph the brownies, eat the brownies, write a post about the brownies.
“Go play quietly, Mommy is working. I have to eat these amazing brownies today.”
Am I dreaming?
But back to the Hawaiian Host AlohaMacs. I love dark chocolate so I opted to use the Dark Chocolate AlohaMacs in this brownie recipe.
I found my AlohaMacs at Raley’s. Hawaiian Host is available at multiple retailers: Where To Buy AlohaMacs
I also bought extra for Christmas treats. These will be perfect stocking stuffers because they are individually wrapped.
Sometimes dark chocolate can be slightly bitter. But these are not. The dark chocolate is super smooth and they add a deep chocolaty flavor to the AlohaMac Brownies.
It is a fairly quick and simple recipe too. Just melt those delicious little Dark Chocolate Hawaiian Host AlohaMacs. Mix. Then bake.
Eat them plain and they will definitely not disappoint. Or add the Brown Butter Glaze to make Blow-Your-Mind-Brownies! The choice is yours and there is no right or wrong decision. You are a winner either way!
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss A Recipe! Subscribe:
- 12 Pieces of Dark Chocolate AlohaMacs, 6 oz
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Butter, cubed
- 2 Tb Water
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cups Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Brown Butter Glaze
- 2 Tb Butter
- 2 + Tb Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Milk or Water
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Roughly chop the Dark Chocolate AlohaMacs.
- In a saucepan over low heat; melt the AlohaMacs, sugar and butter. Add the water and stir.
- Transfer to a large bowl and let cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and stir quickly until incorporated.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and salt, mix. (do not over stir)
- Pour batter into a greased 8x8 inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 325° for approximately 30 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed clean. (I baked mine for 35 minutes)
- Allow to cool in pan then cut into squares. *Spread Brown Butter Glaze on top before cutting into squares.*
- In a small saucepan over medium heat; cook butter while whisking until it is bubbling and golden brown in color. (about 5 minutes)
- Let browned butter cool for 5 minutes.
- Add a little more than 2 Tb powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp water or milk.
- Stir vigorously with a fork until glaze is smooth.
- Spread in an even layer or drizzle on top of the brownies.
- *These measurements yield a small amount of glaze. For a heavy glazed brownie, double recipe.*
Adapted from Hawaiian Host