Surprise your Sweetheart with fresh baked vanilla donuts for breakfast. This Valentine’s Day Baked Donut Recipe is perfect for your special someone!
Vanilla Baked Donuts
I’ve had issues with some baked donuts that were dense and dry. These Baked Vanilla Donuts are super soft and moist. My new favorite Baked Donut Recipe, for sure!
So in all honesty . . . I couldn’t care less about Valentine’s day. But any excuse to eat more donuts and I am on board!
Especially these donuts.
Have you bought your Donut Pan yet? I love mine and use it on a regular basis. Plus I’m too lazy to fry up doughnuts, so baked donuts are perfect for me.
I adapted this recipe from The Skinny Fork – Skinny Vanilla Bean Donuts. These are a little less skinny . . . just a little.
I had planned on adding food coloring to the donut batter so that the donuts would be pink and the glaze white. But, while I was making these I had 3 kiddos running and yelling through the house. So I got distracted. Is Christmas vacation over yet!?!
No worries though, I added a drop of red coloring to the glaze for a light pink color. Feel free to add more color or none at all. Or color the donuts like I had intended.
However you decide to make your donuts, this is sure to be a family favorite baked donut recipe!
- 1 Cup AP Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Ultrafine Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 Tb Milk
- 1½ Tb Butter, room temp
- 1 tsp Vanilla Paste or Extract
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp Hot Water
- 1 Drop Red Food Coloring, optional
- 2-3 Tb Crushed SweetHeart Valentine Candies*
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Mix the flour baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer - combine the sugar, egg, Greek yogurt, milk, butter and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined. (do not overmix)
- Generously spray donut pan with non stick.
- Split the batter evenly between the six donut molds.
- Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer donuts to cooling rack.
- In a medium bowl, mix the powdered sugar and hot water.
- Add the food coloring for colored glaze.
- Dip the donuts into the glaze then immediately top with crushed SweetHearts.
Crush the SweetHearts to your preferred size.
Adapted from The Skinny Fork
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 249Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 40mgSodium 226mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 1gSugar 27gProtein 4g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
More Donut Creations:1