These Saucy Asian Meatballs are perfect for parties! This easy appetizer recipe is a combo of baked meatballs and a sweet ginger sauce that takes just 10 minutes to make.
I am proud to be partnering with Musselman’s to bring you this tasty recipe!
Who doesn’t love a good meatball!?!? Especially when the meatballs are smothered with a flavorful sauce. These Saucy Asian Meatballs are a break from the usual meatball recipes. The meatballs themselves are fairly standard and easy to prepare. This is all about the sauce! The slightly sweet and tangy sauce has the bright flavor of fresh ginger. This sauce takes only a handful of ingredients and 10 minutes to make!
Again with my favorite ‘secret ingredient’, Musselman’s Apple Butter. The apple butter not only brings a sweetness and depth of flavor to the sauce, it also helps to get the right consistency without fussing with thickeners. Drizzle the sauce over the top of the meatballs or let them swim in a saucy pot. Either way these Saucy Asian Meatballs will be a hit!
This makes a great party appetizer because the meatballs and sauce can be prepared ahead then heated before serving. And, because these are baked meatballs they do not require attention while cooking. No need to hover over the stovetop turning meatballs for half an hour.
The chives and sesame seeds are really to add a pop of color. Meatballs with a dark sauce tend to look a little blah, but the garnishes really liven them up!
Check out more delicious recipes with my ‘secret ingredient’:
Here are a few items you may need for this recipe: (affiliate links)
- 1 Lb. Ground Beef
- 1 Lb. Ground Pork
- 1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 teaspoons Dried Minced Onion
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt (or Kosher Salt)
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Parsley Flakes
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Musselman’s Apple Butter
- ½ Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Cup Water
- ¼ Cup White Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Grated Ginger
- Chopped Fresh Chives
- Toasted sesame Seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix meatball ingredients with hands until just combined. Roll into (15-16) golfball sized meatballs and transfer to rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through to 160°F internal.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in 3qt. Pot over medium heat. Heat for 10 minutes while stirring occasionally. Once sauce begins to simmer, remove from heat.
- Serve meatballs with sauce, fresh chives and sesame seeds.
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
This post contains affiliate amazon links. Basically, I get a little kick back for sending you over to amazon . . . at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!