This cheesy dip recipe has all of the fantastic flavor of stuffed mushrooms! Hot cheesy dip is a great appetizer for parties, holidays or game-day.
Hot Cheese Dip with Mushrooms
Making this Stuffed Mushroom Dip is a fun way of enjoying a favorite appetizer with a twist.
Best of all, this Stuffed Mushroom Cheesy Dip Recipe is super easy. I got a little help from Kraft. Does anyone still shred their own cheese? I don’t . . . I used the Kraft Italian Five Cheese blend.
Round up the ingredients and get to chopping. This is the only time consuming part of this recipe. I sliced half of the mushrooms and chopped the rest.
Chop the onion, pepper, garlic and sauté. It’s smooth sailing once you are finished chopping and sautéing.
Combine the mushrooms with the cheese mixture, top with bread crumbs then bake!
In about a half an hour you can dive right into this Cheesy Stuffed Mushroom Dip!
- 16 oz Crimini Mushrooms, 8 oz chopped, 8 oz sliced
- 1 Tb Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Red Bell Pepper, about 1/2 of a pepper
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Sweet Onion, 1/2 an onion
- Fresh Thyme Leaves, removed from 2 sprigs
- 5 Cloves of Garlic – finely chopped
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Kraft Mayo
- 1 Bag Kraft Italian Five Cheese Blend + 1/2 cup more for topping, 8 oz
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
Bread Crumb Topping
- 1 Tb Melted Butter
- 3/4 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat - sauté the sliced mushrooms in the olive oil for 4 minutes. Stir frequently and gently.
- Add the chopped onions and red bell pepper. Continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped mushrooms, garlic and thyme. Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool while prepping the cheesy mixture.
- Mix together the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, Kraft Mayo, Kraft Shredded Cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Bread Crumb Topping
- Mix the melted butter and bread crumbs together with a fork until fully coated.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the mushroom mixture the the cheesy mixture and stir together. Discard the liquid leftover from the sautéd mushrooms.
- Transfer dip to an oven safe dish and top with the 1/2 cup of Kraft Shredded Cheese.
- Finish with an even layer of bread crumb topping.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with crackers or bread.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 293Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 49mgSodium 354mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 12g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.