Homemade Peach Ice Cream
I have been wanting to attempt a vegan ice cream just to see if it would be as rich and flavorful as regular ice cream. The flavor of this Roasted Peach Vegan Ice Cream is definitely there. While the vegan ice cream comes close to being as creamy as regular ice cream, it is lacking that silky texture.
I created my version of a vegan half & half using Full Fat Coconut Milk (from a can) and Coconut Milk (from a carton). The coconut flavor is in the background but the roasted peaches and cinnamon are definitely the stars. I think that I will use twice as many peaches next time to make the ice cream extra peachy.
So don’t let the whole “vegan” label scare you off. You don’t have to be an official member of the vegan club to enjoy this ice cream. I think it is fun to try things that are totally different from my usual routine . . . and ice cream made without cream, milk and sugar is definitely a step off of my regular path!
- 2 Ripe Peaches, or more
- 1 Tb Coconut Oil
- 2 Tb Maple Syrup
Ice Cream Base
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1½ Cups Full Fat Coconut Milk *Refrigerate Over Night*, in the can
- 1½ Cups Vanilla or Plain Coconut Milk in the carton, I used Silk
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Remove peach pits and slice peaches. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Coat peaches with the coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Transfer roasted peaches to a container and refrigerate for 4-6 hours or until fully cooled.
- Puree in blender, food processor or with an immersion blender.
- Combine the coconut milks, maple syrup, cinnamon and peach puree.
- Place your desired ice cream container into the freezer. I use a loaf pan.
- Churn the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Once the mixture is frozen, transfer to the cold ice cream container. It will be the consistency of soft serve.
- Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- This ice cream gets very solid when frozen. Remove from freezer 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 331Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 15mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 1gSugar 20gProtein 2g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
More Ice Cream For Your Cone: