This post is part of an ongoing partnership with Musselman’s Apple Butter. The opinions, recipe and ramblings are 100% authentic.
Chinese Five Spice Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe – These Asian Spiced Pulled Pork Sandwiches are topped with marinated cabbage slaw, sesame seeds and served on a soft bun. They are made with pork tenderloin and great for a weeknight crockpot dinner!
I just love a good pulled pork sandwich during the summer. It is an easy meal that does not require a hot oven. Perfect.
I’ve always used pork roasts for my pulled pork sandwiches. For this recipe I decided to try pork tenderloin. You guys, it is so good! The pork roasts are always a little fatty for my liking. The tenderloin does not have that layer of oil and it soaks up all of the flavorful sauce. From now on I’m using pork tenderloin for my sandwiches.
Pulled pork sandwiches have a tendency to be well, kind of predictable. Pork slathered in barbecue sauce. The End.
While the traditional pulled pork sandwich is tasty, I wanted to create a new and unique flavor combo.
This Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe is a blend of Chinese 5-Spice, soy sauce and my secret ingredient . . . Musselman’s Apple Butter!
I love using Musselman’s Apple Butter as a base when creating sauces. It is great because it can be sweet or savory.
The Musselman’s Apple Butter pairs really well with the Asian flavors. It also brings that much needed sauciness.
It’s gotta be saucy!
Find more recipes on the Musselman’s site.
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 2.5 lbs pork tenderloin
- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice, or water
- ½ cup Musselman’s Apple Butter
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice blend
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Mix orange juice, apple butter, five-spice, soy sauce and sugar. Place tenderloin and sauce mixture into large slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3.5 hours. (or low for 5.5 hrs)
- Mix water and cornstarch. Add mixture to slow cooker. Heat 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Mix all ingredients except sesame seeds. Refrigerate overnight. Add sesame seeds before serving.
- Serve pulled pork on soft sandwich rolls, top with slaw.
This post is part of an ongoing partnership with Musselman’s Apple Butter. The opinions, recipe and ramblings are 100% authentic.0