Chocolate Cherry Cream Pie
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Melted Butter
- 1 & 1/2 cups Chocolate Graham Cracker Crumbs, about 12 crackers
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 2 cups Plain Greek Yogurt
- 30 Cherries pitted & sliced, about 3/4 lb
Chocolate Topping Ingredients
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 3/4 cup Dark Chocolate Morsels
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar.
- Place into a 9 inch pie pan and press down keeping it as even as possible.
- Bake for fifteen minutes at 325 degrees.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Thoroughly mix the greek yogurt and Cool Whip.
- Gently fold in the sliced cherries so that the cherry juice doesn’t stain the filling and turn it pink.
- Spoon the filling mixture into the cooled pie crust and spread into an even layer.
Chocolate Topping Instructions
- In a microwave safe container, mix the Cool Whip and dark chocolate morsels.
- Microwave for about one minute stopping every fifteen seconds to stir.
- Once the chocolate starts melting into the Cool Whip stir until they are fully combined and look like a glaze.
- Set the chocolate topping aside to cool and thicken for about five minutes.
- Then pour the chocolate over the top of the pie and spread it into an even layer.
- Add cherries on top and step back to admire your beautiful creation!
For individual servings like in the photo below, skip the crust baking step. Crumble the graham crackers then add them to the bottom of the jar.
When fresh cherries are not available I use Chobani Black Cherry Greek Yogurt.
Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
I prefer to place the pie in the freezer fifteen minutes before serving so that it is firm and easier to slice.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 308Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 13mgSodium 138mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 2gSugar 25gProtein 6g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
– Paula Deen