This Berry Smoothie is bursting with flavor! It will energize you and give you a boost to start your day. But it tastes so great that you will forget that it is healthy.
I like to add some chia seeds on top. They are nature’s sprinkles!
Healthy Smoothie Recipe
This fresh smoothie made with fresh berries is more like a dessert. It is sweet, flavorful and filling.
Frozen berries can be used as well. I always keep a bag of frozen berries on hand so I can make things like this smoothie even when it’s not berry season.
- 8 oz Fresh Strawberries, stems removed
- 3 oz Fresh Blackberries
- Juice from 1 Large Orange, about 1/2-2/3 cups
- 1/2 Cup Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt, vegan substitute: 1 banana or 1/2 cup silken tofu
- Pinch of Chia Seeds on top, optional
- Place all the ingredients into a blender except the chia seeds.
- Puree until smooth.
- Transfer smoothies to glasses and sprinkle with chia seeds.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 288Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 3mgSodium 101mgCarbohydrates 56gFiber 8gSugar 39gProtein 13g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.