Broccoli Salad With Bacon is an easy, nutritious side dish recipe that is great for dinner, picnics, barbecues or holidays. Broccoli, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, red onion and bacon tossed with a creamy dressing.
BROCCOLI SALAD is a fresh, crisp, flavorful dish that goes well with just about anything. Perfect to bring to potlucks, picnics, bbq’s or to serve with dinner.
This salad is sure to get your family eating more veggies!
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST BROCCOLI:
Pick tightly closed florets that are firm, not soft. The more vibrant green color the better. And be sure to take a peek on the underside of the florets to check for any tiny bugs (rare but it happens).
Cook your favorite bacon using your preferred method. Finely chop cooked bacon.
Or, buy the already cooked chopped bacon in the deli/meat section of your grocery store.
Or, if you like the crispy dried bacon bits sold in the salad dressing aisle, go fo it. That will add extra crispiness too.
BROCCOLI SALAD STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS:
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use within 2-3 days.
WHAT TO SERVE THIS SALAD WITH:
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries (plus more for garnish)
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds (plus more for garnish)
- ⅓ cup diced red onions (plus more for garnish)
- ⅓ cup finely chopped cooked bacon (plus more for garnish)
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cranberries, sunflower seeds, onions, and bacon. Toss gently.
- In a small dish, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the mayonnaise dressing over the broccoli salad and toss gently until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle garnishes on top and serve cold.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 385Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 23gCholesterol 25mgSodium 975mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 6gSugar 12gProtein 10g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.