This Turkey Cranberry Rice is great for using up that leftover Thanksgiving turkey. All of the holiday flavors come together in this easy one-pan dinner recipe!
I’m usually all about an after Thanksgiving sandwich piled high with leftovers. But, sometimes I like to change it up and do something different. This Turkey Cranberry Rice is great for using up that leftover turkey after a long day of Black Friday shopping.
And since most of us don’t even want to think about washing another dish the day after Thanksgiving, this is a one-pan recipe!
Mix it up, let it cook and serve it hot. Turkey day reimagined.
Try these Thanksgiving Leftovers recipes from around the web. . .
Oven Baked Turkey Sandwiches by WonkyWonderful
Leftover Stuffing Cakes by Well Plated
Thanksgiving Pizza by The Gunny Sack
Leftover Turkey Soup by The Brooklyn Cook
Ham & Cheese Puff Pastry Bake by WonkyWonderful
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 1 Sweet White Onion - chopped (approx 1 cup)
- 2 Celery Stalks - sliced (approx 1½ cups)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Jasmine Rice
- 2-2½ Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth (or turkey broth)
- 3 Cups Chopped Leftover Cooked Turkey
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- Fresh Thyme & Parsley
- In a large skillet over medium/high heat, sauté onion in olive oil for 4-5 minutes or until almost translucent. Add celery and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add rice and 2 cups broth. Bring to a gentle boil, cover and reduce heat to medium/low. Cook 10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Check doneness of rice. If needed, add 1/2 cup broth and cook 4-5 more minutes.
- Once rice is almost to desired consistency and there is still some liquid remaining, add turkey and cranberries.
- Cook covered for 2 minutes to heat turkey.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Top with fresh herbs and serve.