If you love macaroni & cheese and pepperoni pizza you will flip for this Cheese Tortellini Pepperoni Pizza Casserole Recipe! This tortellini mac & cheese is combined with the flavors of pepperoni pizza then baked to bubbly, cheesy perfection. This dinner is sure to become your family’s new favorite comfort food!
What can I say? I love to combine meals into one ahhhhhMazing dish. It’s kinda my thing. I get especially excited about it when it is two of my favorite comfort foods. It doesn’t get much more comforting than macaroni & cheese and pepperoni pizza! And, I decided I do not use tortellini nearly enough so I tossed those into this recipe too.
Making this Cheese Tortellini Pepperoni Pizza Casserole is relatively simple. I started with my usual mac & cheese sauce base, added cooked tortellini, layered on the pizza toppings then baked.
This dish is all about The Cheese. The sauce is made with Velveeta and a three cheeses blend. It is topped with shredded mozzarella cheese for that melty top. And I serve it with powdered parmesan cheese (like the kind you get with you pizza) . . . because that is how we do it at my house! MORE CHEESE, PLEASE!!!
Really cheese is the only reason that I could never, ever be a vegan. I could probably get used to not eating meat. But my cheese cravings are all consuming.
If you get cheese cravings, like me, this Pizza Casserole is the cure.
Check Out These Other Pizza Inspired Creations:
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 16 ounces Cheese Stuffed Tortellini - cooked according to package instructions
- 2 Garlic Cloves - chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry Italian Seasoning
- 8 ounces Original Velveeta Cheese - cubed
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheese Blend (a blend that includes mozzarella, like an Italian blend)
- 2 ounces Pepperoni - quartered
- 1/2 Cup Pizza Sauce
- Sliced Pepperoni - for topping
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Prepare and measure all ingredients before beginning.
- In 3 quart pot over medium heat; cook garlic in oil while stirring for 1 minute or until golden.
- Add milk and Italian seasoning. Stir and heat until milk begins to steam.
- Reduce heat then add Velveeta and shredded cheese blend. Stir until melted.
- Turn off heat but keep pot on burner. Add cooked tortellini and quartered pepperoni. Stir 1 minute then transfer mixture to casserole dish.
- Dollop pizza sauce on top and swirl into cheesy tortellini without fully mixing.
- Layer slices of pepperoni on top then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered on center rack for 25 minutes. Broil on high for 3-4 minutes to brown.