This Vegan Caramel Recipe makes a luscious caramel sauce that is perfect for drizzling! Dairy Free Caramel IS possible . . . and delicious! Made with just 3 Ingredients and no thermometer is needed!
Silk is celebrating Earth Month by focusing on Water Conservation. For every “share” of one of Silk’s Earth Month videos, Silk will donate $1 to The Nature Conservancy (up to $20,000). Silk is also providing 4 Water Saving Packages for a giveaway! Enter for your chance to win: 1 Silk Bag & Tumbler, plus 1 Indoor Water Bank Saving Eco-Kit!
GIVEAWAY! Click Here to Share a Silk Earth Month Video!
Did you know that making a simple swap like consuming Silk soymilk, almondmilk and coconutmilk versus conventional dairy milk saves 500 gallons of water per half gallon? Crazy! Along with turning off the faucet while brushing your teeth, washing your hair every other day and not leaving the sprinkler on. That is a lot of water saved!
And, you get a workout with this Vegan Caramel Recipe. Unlike traditional caramel that is left untouched while it boils. Dairy Free Caramel must be vigorously stirred the entire time. That last ten minutes is BRUTAL!
But you can do it! And it is worth all of that work. Just look at that glorious caramel. Drizzle it over apples, ice cream, oatmeal, coffee, pudding or pie!
This is the caramel sauce after cooling in the refrigerator for 3 hours. Cool overnight for an even thicker caramel sauce. And yes, if there is drizzling involved, I MUST make an animated gif. It’s The Law!
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 2 Cups Unsweetened Silk CoconutMilk
- 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar - packed
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- In a 3 quart saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar and coconut oil. Heat and stir for 1-2 minutes until it turns a deep brown color. Be very careful not to burn.
- Add the coconut milk and whisk vigorously for 25 minutes. Do Not Stop! If the mixture is not stirred continuously it will separate and look nasty.
- Remove from heat and continue to stir for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a clean glass jar and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use within 1 week.
- Optional: Add 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract to milk for extra flavor.
- If decreasing the recipe by half, reduce cooking time to 15 minutes.
Silk wants you to help us celebrate water! Every time you share one of Silk’s water conservation videos, Silk will donate $1 to The Nature Conservancy (up to $20,000) to help with water conservation efforts.
I was compensated for this post but the views and opinions expressed in this post are solely mine. WhiteWave is providing the prizes for this program at no cost to me. This giveaway is not administered by WhiteWave or its affiliates, but solely by myself.