Honey Ricotta Ice Cream is unbelievably rich and creamy. The wonderful honey flavor shines in this pure and simple, three ingredient homemade ice cream.
I knew that I
wanted Needed to make another ricotta ice cream recipe. So I chose to use one of my favorite ingredients . . . Honey.
Some of you may have noticed that I use honey in many of my recipes. I’m not anti-sugar, I just love honey. I love the complex flavors, the stickiness and all of the different varieties that there are to choose from.
Is it weird that whenever I eat honey, I think about how much I appreciate those hard working little bees? Bees are marvelous little creatures!
Enough about my crazy honey obsession. This ice cream is so silky and rich, thanks to the ultra creamy ricotta. The half cup of honey is enough to bring the essence of honey into each luscious bite.
I am one hundred percent okay with eating this ice cream on it’s own, maybe with a drizzle of honey over the top. But, this Honey Ricotta Ice Cream is fantastic as an alternative to plain vanilla.
Honey Ricotta Ice Cream + Honey Roasted Figs = Mind Blown!
I use a Hamilton Beach 1.5 Qt Ice Cream Maker . . . And I Love It!!!
More Ice Cream Please!…
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup Local Honey* (plus more for drizzling)
- 2 Cups Full Fat Ricotta ( I used Homemade Ricotta )
- Mix all ingredients together and chill in the refrigerator. (if necessary)
- Place your desired ice cream container into the freezer. I use a loaf pan.
- Churn the honey-ricotta mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Once the mixture is frozen and creamy, transfer to the cold ice cream container. It will be the consistency of soft serve.
- Cover and freeze for 2-3 hours before serving.
- *I used a local mild Orange Blossom Honey. Use the honey flavor that you prefer.
“Art is the stored honey of the human soul, gathered on wings of misery and travail.” - Theodore Dreiser (1871-1945)
If you like to look at pictures of ice cream . . . check out WonkyWonderful on Instagram. I love taking photos of ice cream!
I love a good party! I’ve been known to share my delicious creations at THESE awesome parties!