Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

I am always on the lookout for the perfect chocolate chip cookie.  Who isn’t, Right?  Although I have a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe that I have used for years, I guess it’s nice to change it up every now and then.

These cookies from Apple A Day are described as the Best-Ever Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies, thanks to a ‘secret ingredient’.  Well, that caught my attention so I gave them a try and was not disappointed!

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is the second installment of my Tried, Tested & Tasty series.  Basically, I try and test out a recipe that I find online (usually on Pinterest).  If I decide that it is tasty, I share my photos with all of you and also give you the link to the original recipe.  And yes, basically this is me being a little bit lazy when I don’t feel like developing or adapting a recipe.  So it is a win/win . . . I get to take a lazy day and you all get to discover an awesome new food blog!

If you missed the first Tried, Tested & Tasty check it out HERE.  The recipe was Baked Nutella Donuts with a Nutella Glaze . . . YUM!

chocolate chip cookies

These cookies are so fluffy and delicious!  The proof is in the above photo, I was literally stuffing my face with cookies during the photoshoot!  I have made chocolate chip cookies using this recipe a couple times now.  The only change that I have made is that I use 1 tsp of cornstarch instead of 2 tsp.  But, that is just my preference.  The original recipe is absolutely wonderful as is.

So go check out the Best-Ever Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and give it a try!

Here are a couple things you may need for this Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. Use this as a reference for your next grocery shopping trip.  Or, if you decide to click the links below to view these products . . . Thanks for supporting WonkyWonderful!

{These are affiliate Amazon links} These links will take you to Amazon where I receive a small percentage of sales, at no extra cost to you.

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

“A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.”

More to Cure a Sweettooth:

Brownies with Nutella Buttercream

The Best Brownie Recipe Ever! Perfect Chocolate Brownies - Fudgy & Cakey . Topped with Nutella Frosting! wonkywonderful.com

Chocolate & Cherry Handpies

Nutella and Cherry Hand Pies - Valentine's Day Dessert Recipe - Pie - wonkywonderful.com

Comments

1. Tanya says:

Nothing wrong with being a little lazy! Love a tried and true recipe! Thanks for sharing Nicole!

• Nicole Harris says:

Funny that my ‘lazy’ post still takes a couple of hours to do if you account for photos, editing and writing the post. I think I may just be super slow :P

2. Oh, wow! These look sooo gooey, soft and perfectly chewy. I love ‘em!

3. What a nice write up! Thank you so much for all the blog love. Your series of “disappearing cookie” pics is so adorable!

• Nicole Harris says:

Thanks Kelsey! I’m glad you liked the post and the pics. Thanks for this recipe, it is super tasty!

4. These look delicious! I’m excited to try them.

• Nicole Harris says:

Hi Tara! I hope you enjoy these cookies. This was a nice change from my all-time favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. These come out so super soft and fluffy!

5. This looks awesome!!! We would love it if you would link up at our linky party:
    Live every Wednesday to Sunday.
    Hosted by:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/ Parrish @ Life with the Crust Cut Off
    http://thissillygirlslife.com/ Dana @ This Silly Girl’s Life
    We hope to see you there!

6. A cookie.. for me? Oh, how can I refuse!

Not going to lie.. definitely craving cookies right now!

7. Anna Rodriguez says:

These really are the BOMB DIGGITY!!! I will never try another chocolate chip cookie again!! Thanks Nicole!!

• Nicole Harris says:

I’m glad you like them! They are so soft and fluffy. Thanks for stopping by, Anna :)

8. This is the best idea. I love baking in my Style.I`m from Italy miss skillet baking Pretty cool indeed.

9. Becky says:

I was excited to make cookies today for my 2 sick boys, but was disappointed with the final product. The cookies did not come out as pictured above. They came out looking like the ones on the recipe link page. I will say they are light in color and fluffy like others posted. Guess I was looking for a more chewy cookie like the picture above looks like. Thanks and I’ll still keep checking out posts.

• Nicole Harris says:

Aww man, I’m sorry to hear these cookies were a bit of a disappointment. The only change I made to the original recipe was to decrease the corn starch from 2 teaspoons to 1 teaspoon. I too enjoy a light yet chewy cookie. I’m wondering if you noticed the reference I made to the recipe change. If not, maybe I should post the entire recipe directly on my site with the noted changes. Thanks for your feedback :)

10. Lily says:

Just made these and oh my goodness. They’re incredible. And they got rave reviews. Thank you!!

11. Gisele says:

Just made these cookies, and they are fluffy and chewy! They do taste like dough/flour. Other than that they are really good and they are quick and easy to make!

12. These were easy and great!